This is my dog Freddie in his winter jumper!
Good morning Oak Class! Welcome to Tuesday’s online learning!
We have turned off the automatic link for the Google Meet so you cannot now join a meeting until Mrs FitzGerald or myself have logged in. The link for the meet will be placed in the stream below the classroom banner. Just click that link and then you will able to join as normal.
Don’t forget we are having a live English and Maths lesson this morning at 10:00am – set your alarm! We will do Maths first for approximately half an hour then English.
From today Mrs FitzGerald and I will continue reading our class novel Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll. We were really enjoying this mystery story and didn’t want to forget about it. So we will be reading a chapter a day and putting it on the blog for you to listen to:
Your maths lesson is on this link: Maths Tuesday 19th Jan
Maths answers: Tuesday Maths Answers
Focus Theme: It’s Magic!
We are continuing with our Magic theme.
Day 2 – Tuesday
LI – To compare two books of a similar genre and to compare film and text versions
Live lesson at 10am today!
Today we will compare the film and book versions of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. This is similar to the work we did comparing the film and book version of War Horse. We will also compare the start of The Nowhere Emporium with The Philosopher’s Stone.
- Watch Harry Potter seeing Diagon Alley for the first time:
- Write down any similarities to the Nowhere Emporium description yesterday. (Here is the extract: Nowhere Emporium FINAL opening extract)
- Write five sentences to describe what Harry can see. Think about how to open your sentences in different ways, e.g. ‘ing opener’ such as: ‘Peering intently, Harry saw wonders he had never seen before’.
- Now read the extract which describes this scene – when you get to the website below make sure you scroll down to Diagon Alley: https://owlcation.com/academia/Scenes-from-Harry-Potter-to-help-with-descriptive-work-in-your-class-Castle-descriptions
- Which do you think was the most effective, text or film, to describe Diagon Alley?
- Write down your response giving evidence from both what you have read and watched.
Like last week I am giving you a choice of three different activities. You can do a Joe Wicks PE lesson of your choice or Monday’s session. This is the link for Joe Wicks’ Monday session:
Or you can do a yoga session for teens with Adrienne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ekep9GqvaM
Or you can do Mr Garvey’s session, his session he posted yesterday can be found separately on the class blog.
For Stilling Time I would like you to look at Mrs O’Donnell’s post.
Enjoy your learning!