Wow – what fantastic costumes were on display in Sycamore Class on Friday. A huge thank you to all the parents for supporting this. We had book characters classic and modern, heroes and villains, humorous and serious!
Here’s what we did for World Book Day:
- Everyone shared with the class which book character they had come as and chose a word to sum up their character.
- We discussed our favourite books and book characters.
- We discussed where authors get their inspiration from, for example, how J.K.Rowling used her fondness of The Worst Witch book from her childhood and her study of Latin and French to help her create the magical world of Harry Potter.
- We also designed our own book covers for our favourite books.
- Everyone wrote a list of questions that they would like to ask the author of their favourite book.