Today in Hazel Class we have had a very busy afternoon. We have been learning about Roman roads and how they were made. We even had a go at making our own version of a Roman road with a little twist… ours are edible.
Here are some step by step instructions on how we did it.
- First, crush up some plain biscuits and create a layer covering the bottom of the tray.
- Then, break up Malteasers and mix with half of the custard. Spread this on top of the biscuit layer.
- Then, mix together the Malteasers and M&Ms with the rest of the custard and spread on top of the second layer.
- After, Place the Custard Creams carefully on top next to each other until covered.
- Finally, enjoy eating your edible Roman Road!
The pupils had a great time constructing their roads and even had a little taste test at the end. Check out the pictures below to see how they got on.