Good morning Oak Class! Welcome to Tuesday!
Day 2 – Tuesday
Find Day 2 Week 1 English for today’s lesson. Like yesterday there is a sheet to print off or copy from in your home learning books.
LI – To use verbs and modal verbs
LI – To compare two books of a similar genre and to compare film and text versions
Watch Harry Potter seeing Diagon Alley for the first time:
- Write down any similarities to the Nowhere Emporium description yesterday.
- Write five sentences to describe what Harry can see. Think about how to open your sentences in different ways, e.g. ‘ing opener’ such as: ‘Peering intently, Harry saw wonders he had never seen before’.
- Now read the extract which describes this scene – when you get to the website below make sure you scroll down to Diagon Alley: https://owlcation.com/academia/Scenes-from-Harry-Potter-to-help-with-descriptive-work-in-your-class-Castle-descriptions
- Which do you think was the most effective, text or film, to describe Diagon Alley?
- Write down your response giving evidence from both what you have read and watched.
21 April Maths
LI – To round decimals
Continue with your maths mystery game you should get to the end today and find out who the culprit is.
In stilling time today we’re thinking about connecting words together (Your parent’s will know this as a word association game – tell them to think of Mallet’s mallet!!!) You will need a partner for this game. They say a word and you say a word that is connected to it, for example Person A – sun Person B – warmth, Person A – cake Person B chocolate. You don’t have to have a list of words that all connect together it can be separate as in my example. Then swap roles.
For PE can you have a go at Mr Garvey’s challenge? I will let you know my score in the afternoon! If you want to post any pictures of you completing the challenge or video’s then send them to me. Also keep going with the Joe Wicks PE. I’m doing that every morning and after four weeks I’m really noticing how much stronger and fitter I’ve become!
Have a good morning’s learning!