Good morning Oak Class!
I can’t believe we’re in our final week! Had we been in school as normal, we wouldn’t have been doing a great deal of actual work this week which is why Mrs Poole and I are setting the BBC maths and English. You can access that when you’re at home but we may not be doing those lessons with you on the days you’re in school. We’ve also suggested some other lessons and activities that you can work through during the week.
Find English for today’s lesson 15th July
LI – to explore legends.
Find Maths for today’s lesson 15th July
LI – to interpret pie charts and use this to solve problems.
Possible other activities that you could do (this list will be the same for the rest of the week so just continue to work your way through it):
- Geography and Science linked together, learn about the Galapagos Islands –. Discover the islands made famous by Charles Darwin: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zf6vtrd
- Geography, learn about our local area: The Lake District –https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zd49ydm
- Computing – How do you know if you can trust a website? – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zq39vwx
- DT and Maths linked together, learn about anthropometrics and ergonomic design. Make your own design: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4fhscw
- Art – look at painting, collage and print making – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z47fvk7
There are also a whole range of lessons to choose from on the Oak National Academy website: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-year/year-6/subjects/pshe
Here are some suggestions that I think you’ll enjoy but have a look for yourself and choose what interests you:
PSHE: Lesson 4 – Black Lives Matter; Lesson 5 – George Floyd, our catalyst for change
Music: Lesson 6 – Exploring emotions in music; Lesson 10 – To sing a major and minor scale
Art: Lesson 9 – Henri Matisse and collage
I know lots of you really enjoy Fitness Marshall. If you want to get active you can search his videos on YouTube. Here’s an example to get you started:
Make sure you have a go at Mr Garvey’s PE Challenge for today too!
With schools still partially closed, many people working from home, and social distancing becoming part of our lives, it can feel like work, family time, and relaxing all blur together. This meditation encourages us to pause and reset between tasks, helping you feel more present and better able to enjoy whatever comes next.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s learning. See you all tomorrow!
Love, Mrs Fitz x