Looking good Sycamore class!
TODAY’S HOME LEARNING: MATHS, ENGLISH, SCIENCE, STILLING TIME
L.I. – To find fractions of an amount
Everyone should watch the video.
Q 1-3 Spicy
There is a choice of worksheets below with answers:
Ask someone at home to test you on your spellings – practise any you get wrong so that you can remember them in future.
L.I. – To explore the features of a text.
Same as yesterday – quiz, video, activity.
This half term we are going to focus on skills that we can develop when working scientifically.
To do this, I would like you to get hands on with science and enjoy investigating!
The sheet below has lots of ideas to get you learning in a practical way.
Choose one activity you would like to do for this afternoon’s science lesson and have fun!
You can send photos of your learning to share what you have done.
For Parents, Carers and children, here is a description of the skills we aim for pupils in Year 5 and 6 to develop when working scientifically:
- planning different types of scientific enquiries to answer questions, including recognising and controlling variables where necessary
- taking measurements, using a range of scientific equipment, with increasing accuracy and precision, taking repeat readings when appropriate
- recording data and results of increasing complexity using scientific diagrams and labels, classification keys, tables, scatter graphs, bar and line graphs
- using test results to make predictions to set up further comparative and fair tests
- reporting and presenting findings from enquiries, including conclusions, causal relationships and explanations of and a degree of trust in results, in oral and written forms such as displays and other presentations
- identifying scientific evidence that has been used to support or refute ideas or arguments
Today’s Stilling Time is all about having fun:
Hope you have fun today.
Let me know what you have done to make yourself or others laugh.
Miss and love you all