Good morning Oak Class! Well… The final day is here! You have all been amazing and I can’t tell you how proud I am of each and every one of you!
Find English for today’s lesson 17th July
This is the weekly reading lesson:
LI – to reflect on how books are read by celebrity readers.
Find Maths for today’s lesson 17th July
This is the Friday Challenge:
LI – to solve problems in a range of contexts.
Possible other activities that you could do (today you can focus on anything that you’ve not yet done):
- Geography and Science linked together, learn about the Galapagos Islands –. Discover the islands made famous by Charles Darwin: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zf6vtrd
- Geography, learn about our local area: The Lake District –https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zd49ydm
- Computing – How do you know if you can trust a website? – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zq39vwx
- DT and Maths linked together, learn about anthropometrics and ergonomic design. Make your own design: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4fhscw
- Art – look at painting, collage and print making – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z47fvk7
- Cooking – make Indian-style snacks – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zdx796f
There are also a whole range of lessons to choose from on the Oak National Academy website: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-year/year-6/subjects/pshe
Here are some suggestions that I think you’ll enjoy but have a look for yourself and choose what interests you:
PSHE: Lesson 4 – Black Lives Matter; Lesson 5 – George Floyd, our catalyst for change
Music: Lesson 6 – Exploring emotions in music; Lesson 10 – To sing a major and minor scale
Art: Lesson 9 – Henri Matisse and collage
PE – please access Mr Garvey’s PE Challenge for today – this is his last one! Thanks Mr G – you’ve been amazing!!!
Here’s another Fitness Marshall video for you to try of you want:
Here’s a longer and more intense Hiit workout for you to try:
Although we can’t be physically together today, we’re together in our hearts. Remember, wherever you go in life, you’ll always be part of the Ellel family. We love you all and are SO proud of you. Please don’t be strangers… we want to see you in the future and hear all about what you’ve been up to. Make sure you call in and visit us.
Have a wonderful summer and a well-deserved rest; you’ve earned it!
Best of luck for September – we’ll be thinking about you all.
With all our love, Mrs Fitz and Mrs Poole xXx