We have a Google Meet today at 9:30 -10:30 so have a pencil and your books ready please.
Corrections for Monday’s answer sheet:
Starter: We will do this in the Google Meet lesson.
We will also be going though calculating the area of rectangles in today’s Google Meet.
L.I. -To calculate the area of rectangles.
Choose a sheet from below:
Mild – Sheet 1
Spicy -Sheet 2
Hot – Sheet 3
L.I. – To write a character profile using facts and opinions.
This learning is based on ‘Danny the Champion of the World’ by Roald Dahl.
We will read the first chapter during our Google Meet and discuss the activities.
When following links online, parents should monitor that children are remaining on that page only and are keeping safe online.
If you have a copy of the text at home, use this. If not, a full online version is available to read here:
Read Chapter 1- The Filling-station
You can also listen to Chapter 1 (and part of Chapter 2) here:
- Use wordhippo.com to help with any words you are unsure of such as, ‘filling-station’, ‘basin’ and ‘lavatory’.
- Make a note of the definition and synonyms of the word.
- Based on what you have read, do you think Danny is rich or poor? Use evidence from the text to support your answer e.g. I know Danny is poor because
Write facts and opinions about Danny that you have got from the text.
You can use the worksheet below
Mild – Use the sheet to record facts and opinions about Danny
Spicy / Hot –
- Write a character profile for Danny based on what you have read in Chapter 1.
- Write the facts you know about Danny e.g. his age, his family, where he lives
- Write some opinions about Danny. Use evidence from the text to support your opinion.
L.I. – To consider why Jesus told stories.
Watch the video then have a go at answering the questions below in your book.
Why did Jesus tell this story?
What did Jesus want people to learn from this story?
Does the story have more than one message? Why?
What behaviour does this story challenge?
If you acted on the message of this story what might you do differently in the future?
What does this story teach about God? What does this story teach us about how to live our lives?
L.I. – To learn Ostinato patterns inspired by West African drumming
Here is a really fun music lesson – I hope you enjoy it!
Take some time to colour this in then give it to someone you care about.