Good morning everyone, here are today’s home learning activities.
Join us for our second Google Classroom Live Lesson at 11am. Afterwards, choose which activity you would like to try!
Here are todays maths activity sheets – remember to use your hundreds, tens and ones knowledge!
Mild: Counting capacities
Hot: Counting capacities
Spicy: Counting capacities
Extra Spicy: Counting capacities in ml and l
If you do the Extra Spicy, remember that 1000ml is equal to 1l.
Today in English we are going to be planning our letters of persuasion.
Our topic will be to write a letter to the corona virus and tell it to go away, you will need to think of all the reasons why you think it should disappear and never come back again.
Remember to use all the features that we have been learning about.
- Adjectives – for description
- Rhetorical questions
- Imperative Verbs
Remember to use all the features of a formal letter.
- The senders address is put at the top right hand side
- The address of the person receiving the letter goes on the left hand side below the sender’s address
- The date
- Greeting — Dear Sir or Madam. You can use the titles Miss, Mrs. or Mr. if you know the name of the person to whom you are writing
- The main text or message
- Close — Yours faithfully or Yours sincerely
- Write name in block letters (this is to ensure that the person receiving the letter knows exactly who has sent it. Signatures may not be very clear)
Here is a letter planing sheet – We are only planning our letters today so this is not our final draft. Today I would like you to think about all of the different reasons why Corona Virus should go away. Then, use the letter planner to add in a brief description or summary of your final letter.
Sing out loud. Everyone knows the sweet relief associated with rocking out to your favorite tune. But the physical act of singing out loud, even if it is off key, has been shown to release endorphins, the “feel good” chemical in the brain.
Play your favourite song on full blast and have a good sing.
Join us for our second Google Classroom Live Lesson at 11am.
Challenge: Ask somebody in your family how they are.
Check for you new spellings on Spelling Shed and make sure to test yourself on last weeks words.
Have a go at one of these handwriting activity sheets.
I have set a little times table check on Purple Mash.
Have a great day everyone and well see you later, keep smiling.